News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

5v5 lctf draft tourney - all are welcome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slush, Jul 10, 2017.

1. slush

slush Private Tester

POSTPONED TIL FURTHER NOTICE. SRY ALL!!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Jon_Osc, Nark, Nastyhobbit and 4 others like this.
  2. widow

widow Instant Access

Can we also fix the subs problem?
    Aka sign in and don't play :rolleyes:

Where will be played? EU? NA?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    miri likes this.
  3. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Pretty sure it'll be NY servers again as it has the widest catchment of players who get playable ping.

4. Swordfish

Swordfish Event Coordinator Staff Member

Easiest way it seems is to have only 5 per team; the original idea was to have uncapped signups, and whomever wasn't picked would end up in a sub pool.

Of course, to avoid people being bummed out that they're in a sub pool, we could also cap signups at, say, 50 (which we could likely get) and have 10 teams of 5. Team captains would then be responsible for finding their own subs if needed, which of course would need the approval of the other team's capt to avoid abusing imbalanced subs.

5. japes

japes Private Tester

it's better to cap the check ins than the signups imo, turn up early first come first serve

Wildefyr likes this.
  6. Swordfish

Swordfish Event Coordinator Staff Member

Now would this check in be on the day of the draft or on the day the games will actually be played?

7. Verna

Verna Instant Access

Can I sign up and then not get drafted?

8. IcedWinds

IcedWinds Private Tester

Looking forward to this! I hope to see a lot of new faces. If any of you are hesitant because of inexperience I suggest trying a few pugs to feel the flow a bit and don't be afraid to ask for pointers, we all love helping people improve. Irc is a great place for finding people to practice with aswell.

9. slush

slush Private Tester

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Ont, Swordfish, thecaptaintea and 2 others like this.
  10. wristfracture

wristfracture Instant Access

let me try and support your group slush. if you need a neutral sub all captain's know call on me.

Sharp, slush, IceHawk and 2 others like this.
  11. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Slush - if the objective is for fun... I'd suggest.. ditching the draft and just dole out people in groups of 5. (drafting makes people feel unwanted )
    since its for fun and doesn't matter... subs should just be whoever is available. (different bracket)

12. slush

slush Private Tester

I appreciate the suggestion but the easiest and most fair solution is a draft at this time.

13. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Without using drafting where captains pick their own teams it is more than likely they'll be one or more overpowered teams that will crush everyone else, especially considering players are good at different things. Another problem is you'll end up sticking players together that really don't like each other and up making it a miserable experience for everyone else on that team too.

chemdawg likes this.
  14. Joseph B

Joseph B Alpha Access

i want in

15. Moose

Moose Private Tester

Please remove my name from draft tourney list. I have been scheduled to work 7-7 that day and cant swich it.

16. miri

miri Instant Access

Yo I signed up before there were dates, and the dates that have been chosen coincide with me being away. Sorry. Can you remove me?

17. Implosions

Implosions Private Tester

nope ur locked in. [email protected]

miri and slush like this.
  18. shazb3d

shazb3d Instant Access

If Moose is out I'm out.

Moose likes this.
  19. slush

slush Private Tester

due to unforeseen circumstances the tourney is postponed til further notice.

Moose likes this.
  20. Redeye

Redeye Alpha Access

Omg ruined !

slush likes this.