News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arrow, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Arrow

Arrow New Member

Any Arena heads still in here or is everyone CTF?

2. Draynar

Draynar Alpha Access

Just waiting for release so i can beat up f2p people and pretend i still got it

3. KindaGamey

KindaGamey Instant Access

I'm such an arena-head. At least I was in T:A.
    If I see someone in Arena I will go for it, but I never see it occupied.

4. Arrow

Arrow New Member

Arena is all I played in Tribes 1/2 for years. I would be completely down to organize a PU game if there was enough people.

5. IcedWinds

IcedWinds Private Tester

Come to the Midair discord (discord.gg/playmidair) in the #pugs channel and make a stink about it. Make sure to @Implosions as he is in charge of the PUGbot. There's a few people who want just what you want, just not enough demand as of yet. You could change that!

chemdawg likes this.
  6. Swordfish

Swordfish Event Coordinator Staff Member

I'd love to organize an Arena tournament sometime in the next few months. Perhaps once population goes up, we'll have enough interest to get one going.

Arrow likes this.
  7. KindaGamey

I'd be very unlikely to join a tournament if I haven't even been able to practice in a game. Let's get a game going first?

8. The Weirdo

The Weirdo Instant Access

Arena is my jam. I was just going to wait for general release to start hopping into arena pubs since the numbers are not here now. I used to be pretty good (Tribes 2 era) but I'm not at a point where I'm likely to do anything more involved than casual pubbing.

9. IcedWinds

IcedWinds Private Tester

Yall miss the point that competing brings people together to learn and develop strategy. If you can find an excuse to not compete now, you'll find another next time aswell. Atleast at this point, where's the shame in losing as a new player with little experience, as opposed to the joy of winning even one game?

10. KindaGamey

The same reason I don't do public speaking unless I've rehearsed my lines? To not do so is just asking for disaster. And as we've said in the PUBvPUG thread, the PUB community is woefully under-prepared compared to the group that does play on the regular.

11. The Weirdo

The Weirdo Instant Access

I don't disagree. It's all low stakes. But I generally can't commit to be somewhere at a particular time, which makes me pretty useless for tourneys or competition. Thus hoping for pubs, and planning on carving some time out near release so that hopefully the new players get a good first impression of the community.

Swordfish likes this.
  12. dienasty

dienasty Member

is it still in? or do they have a battleground now?