News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Audio dropping when entering into match

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AndyChan, May 11, 2018.

1. AndyChan

AndyChan New Member

Hey guys, I'm back and with another issue!

I've got the game working now which is great! :) However, I've noticed that the audio works on the front end, but once I enter the match I stop hearing any sound. I can still hear music/notifications from other programs so it's not the headphones... Any one else encounter this?

Cheers!

2. Donler

Donler Alpha Access

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Try the following and let me know if it still happens... Exit the game and go to...Speakers>>Playback Devices>>Default Device>>Properties>>Advanced>>and select: "32000 Hz FM radio quality" then re-enter game and see if the problem persists.

3. AndyChan

AndyChan New Member

Hey Donler, Thanks for the reply. When I get to the Advanced tab the dropdown box is actually greyed out, so I can't change the setting away from "2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)"

After doing some digging, I think it's a a rather common issue with BlueTooth headphones. I downloaded and installed Fortnite and Unreal Tournament and the same issue happened there when entering multiplayer. It must be tied to the games attempting to access the mic. Once I disabled my headset as a "recording" device I was able to get sound across all the games, but then the mic doesn't function.