News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Borderless Screen Mode (Default) Causes Lost Mouse Clicks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Apotheosis, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Apotheosis

Apotheosis New Member

This may not be a real bug, but it's something that caused me frustration as I was just starting to play for the first time (today).

My Video setting for Screen Mode was defaulted to "Borderless" when I first started playing. After I played a bit, I noticed that my mouse clicks would intermittently not register, especially when I would try to disk-jump. At first I thought it could be because I was pushing too many keys+clicks at once (I have a crappy USB mouse/keyboard combo), but I don't have this problem in other games.

I ultimately determined that it was because the Screen Mode was set to "Borderless" by default; I discovered the solution by switching to "Windowed" mode first. In Windowed mode, if you move your mouse far in the downward direction, the mouse entry exits the game screen and goes into Windows itself. I'm not sure if this is a bug on its own, but I haven't witnessed it in other games that I've played in Windowed mode, so it may be a legit bug.

My assumption is that a similar behavior takes place when the game is in "Borderless" Screen Mode; the mouse activity goes off the game's "window", thus causing clicks not to register within the game's focus.

After switching to "Fullscreen" Screen Mode, I haven't experienced this problem anymore. I suggest changing the game default to "Fullscreen" Screen Mode.

Thanks.