News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Event Casting and Streaming opportunity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swordfish, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Swordfish

Swordfish Event Coordinator Staff Member

Due to an unforeseen amount of signups for the 'Bring Your Own 5' LCTF tournament, I am looking for more casters and possibly streamers to cover as many of the games as we can.

If you have any interest in casting or streaming the event, please either post here or contact me in Discord.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. BOSSDOGGxXx

BOSSDOGGxXx Private Tester

I got a few messages asking me to cast, if you are short on people I could probably do this if needed. I have casted before and some people like my monotone delivery and complete lack of excitement whatsoever. If you need a backup or whatever I do not mind contributing assuming nothing comes up the weekend of the tournament. I have not casted in awhile so I am probably even worse than I was in T2 which would be saying quite a bit.

TylerMarket, Ravesty, Melur and 11 others like this.
  3. Whitewhale

Whitewhale Instant Access

I could cast but not stream

I’m told my voice is eerily similar to a sirens song mixed with a v8 running on bourbon

ColonelBlair and Swordfish like this.
  4. ramses0

ramses0 Member

I've been working on a broadcast format / setup and trying to figure out a way to switch between the overview 3rd person that I've been running, but have a different person casting at the same time (maybe with both of us on a tape delay or something?) providing a varying first-person perspective, commentary or no, and you don't have to be good, just willing to try and figure it out (it's my first time doing stuff like this).

0m0s - beginning
    24m30s - middle
    54m30s - end / credits

...I'm usually on after ~6-7pm PST, live in SF/South-Bay if somebody lives close by and wants to try and come over "in-person" and figure all this out, or willing to mess around with different low-latency screen-share options (or trying to get two high-latency streams sync'ed up?)

p0ke likes this.
  5. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

If anyone is sure that they are going to be casting/streaming games, it will be great if you are able to record the games and put them on YouTube after, or failing that, stream to Twitch at best possible quality and then remember to export to YouTube.

Only reason I say this is because the last tourney we had everyone forget about making sure there were VoDs available afterwards and as such all that remains of that tourney is one match that I managed to cast that is here if you want a semi-nostalgic throwback to earlier days of Midair.

LM SpydeR, DÆMAN and Swordfish like this.
  6. ramses0

ramses0 Member

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 11:23PST - BYO5 - Item9 v RedShirts

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 12:49PST - CloudGun v Tier4 5 1of3

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 13:14PST - CloudGun v Tier4 5 2of3

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 13:40PST - CloudGun v Tier4 5 3of3

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 14:15PST - Rekt v The Best 1of2

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 14:26PST - Rekt v The Best 2of2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy7nAFM4VCw&list=PLpkv1yBdH6MPUPvdKklVKMsA2_wKBbGzZ&index=6

Midair - BYO5 - 2018-01-28 - 14:52PST - Rekt v Omelette
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzIxmMJ9hk&list=PLpkv1yBdH6MPUPvdKklVKMsA2_wKBbGzZ&index=7

LM SpydeR, Swordfish and Jon_Osc like this.