Forums
News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Does a web app that organizes PUGs exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Knight, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Knight

Knight Instant Access

I've been thinking about creating one but if people are already using one that they like I wont.

2. Tsiehg

Tsiehg Moderator Staff Member

Jon_Osc likes this.
  3. shazb3d

shazb3d Instant Access

It would be fairly redundant if you did decide to recreate the wheel, and furthermore I would not expect anyone to use the new app unless it was fully integrated with the existing system. I have created a bot that bridges the notification gap as well, so that you can receive a text message when the PUG starts. Definitely open to improvements and suggestions in the system as a whole, and encourage you to do anything you think would be beneficial to the community at large.

Swordfish and Jon_Osc like this.
  4. Krayvok

Krayvok Midair Developer Staff Member

Like shaz was saying; Why recreate it when there is already a system in place that a vast majority already know/understand.

Also the transition, and communication would have to be very well built to entice users to jump ship.

Most would prefer to stick to IRC/Discord then there would be a 3 way split.

I wish we would move pugs to discord rather than IRC. the player mass is much more, discord is more versatile and easier to access for someone not familiar with setting up and which client to get.

Although any encouragement to build out current bots are always welcome.

5. Dabbleh

Dabbleh New Member

Was thinking about an API to connect all the different clients and make everyone happy.

SeymourGore likes this.
  6. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

If you did that, it might be the bridge that rekindles Seymour and GReaper's secret romance.

Dabbleh likes this.
  7. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

All this will do is separate groups. Some will organize & play the way they do now. Others will organize and play thru discord.

Why not paste an address into a browser and d/l mumble.

Plus discord is run by AT. Do they really want to get involved in PUGs.

Why fix something that ain't broke.

thecaptaintea, shazb3d and joe like this.
  8. Knight

Knight Instant Access

Ultimately I want to make something that would benefit the mid air community however it sounds like a PUG bot already exist and works well enough.

9. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

You should check out what is done now.
    Talk to the players in irc. You don't need an irc client. See what it would take.

If someone made something that worked better I am sure it would be considered.

I think the main problem would be discord voip. It's hated by most.