News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Forum Feedback & Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jordan, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jordan

Jordan Community Manager Staff Member

Just do something with {s][/s] surrounding it, it'll strikethrough.

Rougey likes this.
  2. RnRau

RnRau Member

fps-z ctf specific emotes?

3. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

Sorry, but looking at this threads content, its 'seriousness' and 'on topic focus' as its stated in an announcement has already been washed down. Don't care if People are buddies and inside taunt around, but it - in globo - just makes the whole thing look dumb.

It might ne an impossible to execute wish, but my Forum Feedback is: Please, pleeaaase keep it classy.

Xzanth and SeymourGore like this.
  4. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

Right now is the honeymoon phase where everybody is giddy to see each other again, but sooner or later, Jordahan will bring in the fun police and unleash Moderator Gheist.

As for proper forum feedback, I'd prefer something darker (or at least different) than the current scheme. Felt like I've looked at this same forum for the past few years with Legions: Overdrive.

thecaptaintea, Jordan and WhiteHawk like this.
  5. Death

Death New Member

Could we get forum rules? Also, I hope conversation recipients is increased if there ever is a clan system for the game. Could we also get dislike buttons? This will increase moderation from the community as a whole, so they can dislike posts that doesn't contribute to the threads.

6. Death

Death New Member

Don't some forums have multiple layouts for people to choose from? This is something, I'd like to see.

7. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

https://forums.playmidair.com/threads/midair-forum-guidelines.9/

Already done, max is now 15.

There is already a report function, I recommend using that.

Jordan and Death like this.
  8. Egg

Egg Member

Yeah, I agree. I know it's just been set up, but is there any plans to creating a matching theme?

9. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

I'm sure if cooreets (think he did the reddit design?) gets his fingers on this stylesheet and invest some time, this forum will rock the shit out of us.

https://brivium.com/xenforo-styles/?type=free has amazing themes and one that's dark (mentioned above) and totaly could fit in with the reddit kind of design is "Zinc". It's flat design fits greatly to the kind of appearance of the game itself.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  10. Fire

Fire Luck King

Things I would like to see off of the top of my head:

1. More emotes. Lots of them. They are fun.
    2. Just a preference, but I like to see light text on dark backgrounds. You could implement as a default or just include a "night mode" somewhere like a lot of websites do (maybe there is one I haven't found yet). This text at the top of the page has a nice color scheme you could us:

[​IMG]

11. cooreets

cooreets New Member Staff Member

Will make some proper themes at some point, but other priorities right now.

12. IanM

IanM FKA QA Manager

Strikethrough is a text option next to insert media. It's just "insert".

13. Xzanth

Xzanth PUG Lord

Can we have a complete set of midair favicons? The defualt xenforo one is currently used for android and it clashes with the legions forums and any other xenforo site that hasn't changed theirs.

Edit:
    What about enabling replies in the 'Announcements' forum, otherwise the only way to comment on news/blog posts would be to make a new thread about them?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Wildefyr and Jordan like this.
  14. Jordan

Good point, done! :)

15. Mike

Mike Member

looks good so far! maybe add a Starsiege TRIBES section catagory? :)

16. Application-1

Application-1 Private Tester

Webm's that don't autoplay would be great. When you play the webm the audio should be muted on default in my opinion unless you unmute it yourself.

17. Fire

Fire Luck King

Think there's enough T1 forums out there, no need for one here that won't be used. Also you'd need to make a T2C, T:V, Legions, and T:A forum alongside them to be fair.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  18. Fray

Fray Instant Access

Signatures actually working in the forums would be great.

19. Jordan

Signatures should work just fine, you aren't able to have images/embedded media in them.

What problem are you having with it?

20. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

loc likes this.