News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

fyr's Midair Configuration Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wildefyr, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Custom Configurations

Within the following configurations are all the settings needed except for loadouts and keybinds to make your configuration portable instead of having to remember all of your game settings if you have to reinstall.
    Just modify stuff like your resolution/mouse/sound/fov to your liking when copying.

Make a new text file within [STEAMFOLDER]\Steam\SteamApps\common\Midair\Midair\Binaries and call it autoexec.cfg. Then follow the instructions at the top of the file to get it to execute on game launch.

autoexec.cfg - my personal configuration

[​IMG]

toaster.txt - for trying to squeeze every last drop of fps out of the game

[​IMG]

No Audio while Minimised

Navigate to and open [STEAMFOLDER]\Steam\steamapps\common\Midair\Midair\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and place the following snippet in there:

Code:
    [Audio]
    UnfocusedVolumeMultiplier=0.0

Thanks to Katabatic, who discovered this.

Removing Intro Videos

Navigate to [STEAMFOLDER]\Steam\steamapps\common\Midair\Midair\Content\Movies and delete all files within this folder. Alternatively I have removed the sound from the Archetype intro video and uploaded it here. Place this file in the aforementioned folder.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    IceHawk, Egg, shazb3d and 3 others like this.
  2. LM SpydeR

LM SpydeR Instant Access

I tried it out I like it, thanks

3. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Be great if people could try out the following to see if it offers performance benefit:

show DirectLighting
    show DiffuseLighting

DiffuseLighting is very similar to the old r.simpledynamiclights 1. DirectLighting is also similar but doesn't black out textures on the base and your weapons.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

brand new toaster.cfg

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD

Bump for new players.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Jon_Osc, p0ke and DÆMAN like this.
  5. McNibbles

McNibbles New Member

Not sure where else to stick this, so here goes. Additional tweak in engine.ini for NVIDIA Surround/AMD Eyefinity types:

[/Script/Engine.LocalPlayer]
    AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Adjusts the FOV calculations to better support really wide monitors. Corrects for the "always zoomed in" look the default settings have. Before and after attached.

Attached Files:

Wildefyr, Schreq and SeymourGore like this.
  6. slush

slush Private Tester

Dang that looks fun

7. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Thanks, I am also still a noob with UE4 really :p

8. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Added section on removing the intro videos along with a silent Archetype intro. Would be great if we could get this clip in at least 1080p or higher, if not actually ingame, available for people to download if they have the system to run it (really, anyone who can launch the game should be able to play a 1080p clip). Also tweaked configs to latest versions.

9. Dose

Dose Alpha Access

@Wildefyr, what config are you using at the moment, I remember watching your stream and thinking it might help with spotting offence.

10. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

@Dose, I'm just using clean.txt.

Dose likes this.
  11. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

updated btw

Jon_Osc likes this.
  12. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

Yearly update, what is this legions :)

Wildefyr likes this.