News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Midair BASICS (Part 1): Movement & Weapons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swordfish, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Swordfish

Swordfish Event Coordinator Staff Member

LINK TO PART 1

Schreq and I are currently working on Part 2. Please let me know if you have any suggestions :)

2. C_Zachero

C_Zachero Instant Access

Great work, I am looking forward to the next one! :D It was a great idea to add the mouse and keyboard display. Maybe you will include some in your CTF video, but a segment on terminology might be good for new players.

Swordfish likes this.
  3. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit Moderator Staff Member

excellent content and editing! my only feedback would be to filter the voice-over to give it that immersive military/instructional vibe you hear in so many other games. that extra layer of polish would also stand out from the mass of 'recorded in my bedroom' walkthrough vids i've come across in other games ;)

;)

Krayvok, Nexjen89, Whitewhale and 3 others like this.
  4. Whitewhale

Whitewhale Instant Access

Suggestions

Intro to capping, setup, grab and exit (fronts vs sides vs back , discuss setup times vs return times etc)

When to use pressing forward to gain speed up to 170 and when not to to maximise arc efficiency

Hitting slopes sideways and strafing for more extreme directional change and speed maintenance

Bouncing

Different angles of DJ for egrabs , exits and some entries (going flat vs height etc)

:)

Might be worth talking over basic cap runs like some of these going through advantages and disadvantages up setup time, speed, visibility, return route speed (would be worth including fronts/short routes obviously I just didnt put them in this vid)

Maybe then cover chasing movement and how it differs to capping in part 3

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Krayvok, SsapS, C_Zachero and 3 others like this.
  5. Schreq

Schreq Private Tester

I like the effect but I don't think it's that good of an idea to make it harder to understand. I'd prefer clear audio but unfortunately swords mic isn't the best :D

Also good idea, but that would be quite some work and would probably be more on the long side. I also don't think it should be part of a tutorial teaching the very basics.

Swordfish and C_Zachero like this.
  6. IcedWinds

IcedWinds Private Tester

think it's ripe time for this to be seen, considering the new wave of players

7. HassleHOF

HassleHOF Member

Hey, isn't that my training video ide...

THEY STOLEZ ICTH FROM USSS! YOU'LL BEH IN CONTACTH WITH MUH LAWYERS~

Good job on it. Very simple and clean.

8. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit Moderator Staff Member

it'd be clearer if it were just on the voice channel. in the sample it was applied it to everything (voice, sound effects and background music) which does muffle it a bit. all good, when's part 2 :p

if that vid was ingame before new players tried the obstacle course it'd go a long way imo. that instinct to hold w and jet will never go away until they're shown.