Forums
News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Patch notes, goals and timelines ... oh my!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by socalpk, Jun 17, 2016.

1. socalpk

socalpk Member

Now that the kickstarter has been achieved, will progress and information be communicated here in the open forums for everyone to follow, anticipate and discuss?

2. Fixious

Fixious #1 Internet Sleuth

IA backers will likely get patch-note information via slack and/or their own private forum, though I guess it would be nice to see them anyways so we can see what's going on development-wise. It's not like we helped fund the game or anything...

EC_Lee and SeymourGore like this.
  3. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

Cheeky bum! I imagine milestones would be posted, but knowing what a slacker @Jordan is - who knows. If it makes you feel better, the devs are being worked like the slave dogs they are, and have already started patching pre-alpha content with IA feedback - so they're listening and working.

EC_Lee likes this.
  4. socalpk

socalpk Member

IA and up are not the only backers or interested parties, and I think we'd all like to go along for the ride even if we don't have an active experienced say, yet. I know I'd like to see things as they shape and come to fruition, certainly not looking for daily reports but some progress info posted here will give many a reason to keep checking in and actively anticipate our turn at access. ... or not depending.

5. SeymourGore

Totally agree, everybody who helped fund this project deserves a window into its development (which I'm sure we'll get updates on). StealthRG is still doing the weekly map building streams (there's one scheduled for tonight - it's Friday, so you know there will be drunkenness and nudity).

EC_Lee and socalpk like this.
  6. TylerMarket

TylerMarket Human Goomba

Don't forget about the leaks!

SeymourGore likes this.
  7. SeymourGore

Yar, and word on the street is that StealthRG has been *extra* leaky lately...

Combine that with his low tolerance for booze and it's going to be an informative night, boys!

EC_Lee likes this.
  8. socalpk

socalpk Member

9. TylerMarket

TylerMarket Human Goomba

10. Jordan

Jordan Community Manager Staff Member

It's something we can do for substantial updates but so far most of the stuff has been pretty minor.

Fixing broken aspects of maps, adding scroll for weapon change, etc.

C_Zachero likes this.
  11. SeymourGore

They still haven't fixed @Jordan 's broken face, but they're hopeful.

TylerMarket likes this.
  12. socalpk

socalpk Member

Going to try and make it tonight...thanks!

Fair enough. The thing is, I'm sure you are aware, many of us check back looking for interesting nuggets to get excited over. To look forward to and to blab about. So we can feel like we are important and helpful and stuff. If nothing is here and everything only goes to the "special" people we get sad and stay away and don't get excited and just play other stuff...and drift away. Maybe that's a good thing, since there's a lot to be done and a lot of time to pass.

13. Mindflayr

Mindflayr Moderator Staff Member

I think thats partially right, not that it is some comprehensive plan. We want the general forums to be what they are, discussion and meeting place. and Big news should always be shared, but with 9 months before the next "phas" even starts trying to keep Hypeworthy posting coming every few days is fairly impossible, and eventually people might be over it. We'd rather focus ont he big stuff, and things like Montages, Major rollouts, and major discussion points.

I will try to keep posting an interesting thread about something every week or so since I whore every thread anyways.

The Weirdo likes this.
  14. socalpk

socalpk Member

Cool thanks! These work for me, I'm sure others will like the montages. I don't like them because I really want the reality of the game more than the fantasy since I hope to be in the middle of it at some point.

15. Mindflayr

Sounds like for now Casts of PUGs would be the best watch, sicne you see an actual game and not just the fantasy of constant epic plays. I am hoping to start seeing some scheduled PUGs of Base in the upcoming weeks as the new IA testers get comfortable. Maybe after the next build.

C_Zachero likes this.
  16. SeymourGore

Mindflayr is super Dino and old, I'm sure he'd have some interesting tribes war stories to tell us weekly. Name the thread 'Mindflayr's Campfire Storytime'.

C_Zachero and TylerMarket like this.
  17. Dacil

Dacil Guest

well, that didn't take long did it bahah

C_Zachero and SeymourGore like this.
  18. Mindflayr

Seymour was at my birth and was like 16 at the time. So if I'm old he's decrepit

C_Zachero, EC_Lee and SeymourGore like this.
  19. Contingencyplan

Contingencyplan Instant Access

If Stilgar were here...

20. Mindflayr

He is coming, just busy walking 20 miles through the snow, 1 way, up hill... carrying a load of firewood.