News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Rabbit or Duel Mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starwind, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Starwind

Starwind Instant Access

Probably too much to ask but it would be nice to have a rabbit or duel mod gametype for most of the times where there are only a few people on in a server. Just my .02

i'll send beer and pizza.

Jon_Osc likes this.
  2. TylerMarket

TylerMarket Human Goomba

rabbit will be in game

duel is one of the possible gametypes from kickstarter stretch goals

give it time

3. kzn

kzn Instant Access

I don't know how much work this would be, but you could make a ghetto Rabbit/LakRabbit just by making a map with 1 flag on it that never returned.

Gryp, RedSpider and Starwind like this.
  4. XU1

XU1 Instant Access

Is rabbit like tr in t1? With cool flag passing 100 flags on midair hits, and points for different passes? Eg. Backward pass, side pass, steals etc.

Or is it rrabbit, as in chasing one dude with a flag?

5. Jon_Osc

Jon_Osc Quality Assurance Staff Member

Rabbit is chasing one dude with a flag. Jackpot is similar to tr/tr2; make sure to vote for it when they send out the polls. :cool:

6. fr3nzy0089[[DD]]vampire

fr3nzy0089[[DD]]vampire Instant Access

rabbit for how the current build is should be fine, a lot of tweaks needed for dueling in my opinion

JayCakez likes this.
  7. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit Moderator Staff Member

we've been playing rabbit for a while by joining one team, it's great
    iirc jackpot (team rabbit 3) was coming but i'd prefer arena over duel

8. Mindflayr

Mindflayr Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant. The few times i did it (awhile ago) we joined the same team and brought the enemy flag to our stand. But if they could just make a map for us that took care of the basic part (nevermind the advanced rules/mechanics of TR2.) that would be great. Make the inner walls rubberband players too if thats a map setting.

Default game will have Base, LCTF, Arena
    Stretch Goal Made includes vote for 1 of the following: Jackpot, Duel, Hunters
    Stretch Goal NOT Made (long ways off) includes 2nd Gametype from that list or Siege.

That is all that has been spoken of for the current roadmap. When I asked in the q & a "If Jackpot were to win the vote, would we still get Duel Mod?" the answer was "very likely eventually, but probably not at release." if i remember correctly. Which makes sense. They want to give us all these gametypes, its just when they come out.

9. fr3nzy0089[[DD]]vampire

fr3nzy0089[[DD]]vampire Instant Access

arena with the current build would be even worse than duel, i rather have them tweak more things for it

10. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit Moderator Staff Member

not expecting either any time soon

11. Mindflayr

Mindflayr Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah, way to many core functions need to be built for base and even LT. Whatever we eventually vote on will probably be built later next year would be my guess.