News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Speed caps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S_hift, May 30, 2017.

1. S_hift

S_hift Alpha Access

so I've been noticing that I can only get 210 Kmh just a little over 130mph. No matter how far I ski or how high I fly I can't seem to exceed that speed even though I should be collecting and gaining momentum.

Someone explain to me how the speed cap in the air helps? Is this supposed to simulate "drag"

2. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

There is a vertical speed cap on movement around 200kph IIRC. This is so the massive energy pool you have can't be abused between hills to fly down them at 300kph+. There is no speed cap on horizontal movement.

3. S_hift

S_hift Alpha Access

Really? I was just asking devs to ignore basic physics lol. You know defer terminal velocity. That'd be nicer. Can't have everyone skiing fast or doing sick acid drops into a mountain slope....

Good job devs zzzzzzzzzzzz <-- note sarcasm.

4. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Well it's there for balance reasons, if there was no cap cappers could just spend 45 seconds on a route and come in at 300kph+ like I said, how are you meant to stop that as a defender? It is possible to run routes of that speed but it requires actual setup, ingenuity and an acute feel for the physics AKA skill.

5. PROJ

PROJ Private Tester

Vertical speed caps are one way to avoid really broken speeds without feeling awful to play in like hard horizontal speed caps. T2 classic had them as well. T1 I don't believe had them, but T1 actually falls completely apart balance wise as map size increases, so there is some impetus for having these systems in place.

wristfracture likes this.
  6. Application-1

Application-1 Private Tester

You can still reach and maintain for a bit a 300+ route. It just takes you more then one very big hill to do it.