News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

System Requirements - Mac?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Berserker, May 30, 2016.

1. Berserker

Berserker Instant Access

I am wondering what the system requirements are going to be for the game, specifically if it will be compatible on Mac, or Mac with Bootcamp? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Rooster128 likes this.
  2. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

I believe they're still optimizing the game, so haven't locked down set system requirements yet.

I don't believe native Mac support was on the docket, unsure about the bootcamp support. It's Monday, so @Jordan will likely be a few hours away from recuperating from the weekend's endless partying, but he'd be the guy who would have the latest info.

3. WitchDoctor

WitchDoctor Instant Access

as far as I know its just PC for the foreseeable future. support with bootcamp doesnt sound likely either, i mean i'm sure you'll get it to run but dont expect specific patches or anything to make it run better. just build a $400 PC, you'd be surprised how decently you can game with lowish settings on a POS beater.

4. EC_Lee

EC_Lee Instant Access

WitchDoctor likes this.
  5. Jordan

Jordan Community Manager Staff Member

No specific system requirements yet as we have barely even begun optimizing. While you won't be able to play it on a toaster, you can run it on most modern gaming computers. I run it just fine on my rig, which has a 3570k, 7870 and 16gb of RAM.

Mac support was not in our plan initially but there has been a pretty big outpouring of support for Mac/Linux compatibility and so it's something we are investigating at this time.

MECHLoom and EC_Lee like this.
  6. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

Yes! I volunteer as tribute to test any Linux builds of the game if needed.

thecaptaintea likes this.
  7. slush

slush Private Tester

Hes asking if he can use a mac. Not if his specs are good enough.

8. noRaifunoLaifu

noRaifunoLaifu New Member

I too would like Linux support and would be willing to help test it if needed.

9. Dacil

Dacil Guest

ew. mac.

Fray, EC_Lee and WitchDoctor like this.
  10. Wildefyr

Wildefyr Instant Access

At least Mac a certified unix system, the true pinnacle and correct principles in operating system design :) more than can be said for windows

C_Zachero likes this.
  11. WitchDoctor

i dont think anybody can claim windows is a better operating system. however it lacks the ego that apple does, hacking aside it doesnt require proprietary very overpriced hardware, and it supports the VAST majority of games that MasOS doesnt. Macs aren't built for gaming, they are $3000 facebook machines and for people that are very finicky and snooty when it comes to graphic design and illustration.

MacOS is hands down more stable and better at handling physical resources than windows, its just not as lucrative as windows for the average user to bother with. I second @Dacil with the "ew. mac."

C_Zachero, Dacil and EC_Lee like this.
  12. EC_Lee

EC_Lee Instant Access

What he said.... :mad:

WitchDoctor likes this.
  13. WitchDoctor

look at you falling in love with me all over again

EC_Lee likes this.
  14. EC_Lee

EC_Lee Instant Access

Always and forever.....:oops:

WitchDoctor likes this.
  15. Dacil

Dacil Guest

Amen to that

WitchDoctor likes this.
  16. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

Yar, the Wife's iMac is always turning up its nose at my grungy looking desktop. I will give that iMac credit for one thing: so quiet. The fan is so faint on that machine (and its so thin to begin with) whereas my desktop sounds like a vacuum compared to it.

EC_Lee likes this.
  17. Dacil

Dacil Guest

water-cool that shiznap!

WitchDoctor, EC_Lee and SeymourGore like this.
  18. Guardfather

Guardfather New Member

I'm with you on that. I'm strictly a Linux gamer now. I'd love to see MA on Linux.

19. AmoebaMan

AmoebaMan Instant Access

I'll make my own post about this in a few days maybe with some screenshots, but I've run into some weird graphical bugs when playing on certain resolutions. I've Bootcamp'd Windows 10 (64-bit) onto a 2.15-inch late 2015 iMac, and while I know Bootcamping doesn't always work perfectly, I've never run into any issues at all with any other games I've played, much less ones of this magnitude.

Just wanted to add this here since the thread was the first that showed up when searching "bootcamp," so that other people would see it.

MECHLoom likes this.
  20. RnRau

RnRau Member

Jordan - could you tell us, or post a page where you note what graphics API Midair is currently targeting? DX9, DX11, DX12? I don't have a Windows machine anymore, but quite happy to play under wine on Linux. Atm wine supports DX9 quite well with DX11 slowly coming good.