News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Theres no one playing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rev_Night, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeToh

JeToh New Member

I too come from a "base" background. 90% of my playing time in T1,T2,TV & TA has been "base" except I perfered V2 in T2. I am looking forward to Base Midair but until that becomes more popular, I will play what is available as I truly love this game. I am a true die hard for this "tribes"game type. I played every version until it was dead. heck I am still playing TA pugs every saturday night and some mondays. long live FPSZ!

Nexjen89 and chemdawg like this.
  2. shazb3d

shazb3d Instant Access

Everyone who disagrees with Whitewhile but is too lazy to type out a response please like my post.

3. slush

slush Private Tester

if u have balls join a pub as the first guy. if ur not willing to do that then stop posting, uninstall, wait til ur spoon fed full servers and let ur balls drop in a few months ya big ass baby.

Nexjen89, jago, thecaptaintea and 3 others like this.
  4. Bootswiththefur

Bootswiththefur Instant Access

People are really overthinking this. No one is playing pubs because there aren't enough players. The end.

I hate to the point out the obvious, but the player retention among the games most ardent supporters is basically zero. Based on kick-starter over 1000 people should have access to the game, plus the keys given out, plus the people who bought in later, and there is almost no one playing.

It's not looking great, and if people think its because 10 guys play LT in a locked server for a couple hours every day they're kidding themselves. I'm not sure what went wrong, I personally really like the game, but it's not looking good.

5. Blu

Blu Instant Access

Really sucks to see Midair in this "dead" state even before release. I contributed during the first kickstarter for instant access. Been following the game ever since hoping things would kinda pick-up but it's never happened. I've maybe played 10 or so full server games over the past year and half or however long it's been since instant access released. Most of the time I'll log on and it's completely dead with no one online or a few people in the PUG servers. Sometimes I'll ski around and see if people join, but usually after a while if no one joins I'll log off, I just don't have the time to sit and wait trying to get a game, when there's other things I could be doing.

And I feel the frustrations of some of the guys with the PUG servers, but honestly that's only a small issue, the big issue is this game just wasn't advertised very well. I have old teammates that were hardcore tribes players and I had to tell some of them this game still existed. There's just not much hype for it or publicity going on at all. Looking back it seemed like a good idea to have an Indie company try to take on the tribes legacy, but honestly it takes a lot of money to push games like this and get people interested because it's so niche. I don't want this to come off like I'm dissing the Devs, I admire their effort, but just wasn't enough there to attract a significant player base.

6. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

Yes again, the circle continues, they cannot 'be playing base' once they arrive, because the mass needed will not arrive at all if there's only a working LT version. For once it's not Chicken or Egg. It's base. And base drops LT - usually.

Whitewhale likes this.
  7. p0ke

p0ke Private Tester

For me I don´t see a "not working base". There are of course a few issues but they don´t break the complete gameplay imo. There are also annoying gameplay issues affecting LCTF like not stopping players when midairing in the front or the back-hit-deadstop. But these issues don´t prevent ppl from playing.
    We´ve played Dam and HowlingSpires on sunday with 5/6 a side and it was fun (farming, defending gen, HO etc.) and there were also a few LT player playing base.

8. Whitewhale

Whitewhale Instant Access

Show me a commercially viable LT population in the history of tribes

Pumpelche likes this.
  9. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

Pretty obvious you are missing the point.

THIS and MANY other threads/posts/discord started by the same "few" people blaming "Base Failures" on those that wish to LT.

But the same few that are told the same thing just wont listen.
    But by all means keep posting your hate of those that are enjoying the game.

10. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

LOL I don't even know what to say.

So I don't. And I stop myself.

WW, visit me we'll numb ourselves with the one and only Mac'n'Cheese done by me. If we can't get the "Ooooooooompf" playin', we get the "Ooooooooompf" eatin'. Unftly I cannot visit you, coz that cheese would not pass the borders ;)

Whitewhale likes this.
  11. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

I guess maybe I/We don't understand.
    It's funny (LOL) that you and a few others blame the players enjoying LT PUGs for you not having the Oooooooompf?

Or just keep blaming LT PUGs for you not getting the game Developed the way you think it should...

https://www.playmidair.com/news/dev-log-17-0-29-0-build-preview-release-timing/
    OH look stats...

12. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

The thing is much bigger, but you guys don't see the interconnectivity not just on a behavioral, but also on a presentational (outbound reflection of the game) level.

Yes, stats are great! Finally! You know what to do. They will help to keep players. Now get them.

I really have to stop. It angers me. Cya on some servers.

Whitewhale likes this.
  13. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

Yes we agree...the negative posts/threads/discord should stop!
    The Behavior & Presentation in these negative posts/threads/discord give a negative outbound reflection of the game.
    So we agree that these Threads/Posts/Discord should stop being created & encouraged.

Finally :cool:

14. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

If I could, I'd throw some Époisses at you.

;)

15. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

You want to throw a pungent soft-paste cows-milk cheese at me?

Sounds Kinky :confused:

16. chemdawg

chemdawg Alpha Access

I had to google "Époisses" .....looks delicious

17. Pumpelche

Pumpelche Instant Access

It is forbidden, to take it with you, using public transportation in France. It's my favorite. It's a delight.

18. Whitewhale

Whitewhale Instant Access

When wilful ignorance dominates a ded tribe game follows

Watch and learn padawans , it will be ur turn one day

Proof = pudding

19. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit Moderator Staff Member

who has been willfully ignorant? and about what?
    nobody is interested in your cringey chest beating attempts, just be less vague

SoundGuy, joe and slush like this.
  20. Groove

Groove Instant Access

there's no reason to throw around insults

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:17 AM
    Whitewhale and SeymourGore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.