News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Vote Now: Disable spawn loadouts, disable base destruction until 14 players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babylon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Babylon

Babylon New Member

Hello friends,
    I proposed a couple changes on the Discord channels, and in game, and generally received positive feedback about at least trying them. My motivation for suggesting these is the fact that I don't like how the current game makes the bases with generators and inventory stations basically useless. It's faster to just kill yourself in the game and respawn with the loadout you want than to emergency spawn and go to an inventory station.

My server settings suggestions are:
    1) disable spawn with any loadout - you'll be forced to go to inventory station
    2) disable destroying generator or inventory stations until a minimum number of players, which I propose be 14 (so 7 vs 7)

These settings exist in the server configurations, it only takes 2 seconds to change them. Basically zero dev work.

I spoke with Bran at Branzone, who provides servers to the Midair developers. He can't make the settings changes, so we have to get the developers to go to the configuration and make the quick change. Only the archetype developers have the authority to make these simple changes.

These are settings that were on tribes 2 servers that made the pub servers very popular. The 14 player rule helped prevent players from camping in the enemy base and killing everyone that spawned and went to inventory stations.

The spawn with no loadout rule would add the element of base attack and defense, which was popular in tribes 1 and tribes 2. If you can defend your base, you can support your flag d and also your offensive teammates that want to suit up with loadouts as they wish.

Could you please press "Like" on the right side of this post, or reply with "I vote yes" or something close to that so we have some sort of evidence to present to the developers to make this quick and easy change? If you don't want these changes, can you also reply and explain why?

Thanks,
    Babylon

DeltaTroopa and SeymourGore like this.
  2. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

For sure. Might be a bit of a dead issue as @Wizard stated the devs already looked at the issue and received tremendous positive feedback on the change. Which I don't entirely understand as I don't remember that topic getting much traction within the Instant Access community and if it was the private tester community feedback - well, I don't see how such a drastic change to the gameplay would be approved via only that feedback, but I digress.

3. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

Winning Score - (Default: 8)
    Match Length - (Default: 1500)
    Post Match Length - (Default: 20)
    Warmup Length - (Default: 30)
    Min Players To Start - (Default: 2)
    Min Players to Destroy Base Assets - (Default: 0)
    Max Deployable Inventory - (Default: 5)
    Max Deployable Turret - (Default: 6)
    Max Deployable Sensor - (Default: 10)

Disable/Enable - Spawn With Loadout

```````````````````````````````````````

The above right now are all you can change (Plus some general settings that are not important right now)
    I have a locked PU server that is only used a couple of times a week (at most).
    daemon asked about this in Discord too.
    I am happy to keep it alive (as Base or LT) (For PU or Pub) for as long as it is used.
    Also willing to put any settings the community wishes (as long as someone gets a decent consensus)
    Also it is East Coast so it can be used by EU also

I would suggest getting with daeman on this since he seems to play a lot of both pug & pub.
    He also has admin on my server (I think) so he can kick/change map/game mode and so on too.

Let me know

GL with this!

SeymourGore likes this.
  4. enigma

enigma Instant Access

I see that this change was already made, I like it, but weapon toss would be great. Being able to pick up weapons from left behind kits would dramatically speed up gameplay for LD and give people in spawn more options to retake bases.

5. anonymous12

anonymous12 New Member

Is it just me or did this change just kill the game? All of the sudden for most of the day there's only a single 14 player LCTF server populated and every other server has 0 players. Right before the change there was often 36 players or more (a full CTF server and a more than half full CTF server simultaneously) playing since InfernoPlus's video came out.

I can understanding wanting more Tribes-like gameplay and wanting the bases to matter more, but this change doesn't seem noob-friendly and I fear the current player count reflects this. Moreover, ever since the change it seems as if the remaining playerbase has been primarily populating the LCTF servers, which seems to me a sign that even the experienced playerbase has largely rejected this change to the CTF server settings.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    SeymourGore likes this.
  6. SeymourGore

SeymourGore #1 Stinkiest NA

Yeah I don't understand it either. Really wish they would let us in on the discussion that lead to this change.

To make such a huge change so suddenly before 'release' seems crazy without knowing the full story.

7. p0ke

p0ke Private Tester

Is it possible to change some kind of "Spawn with loadout" at runtime over game console? Or does dae has the full admin on your server?

8. SoundGuy

SoundGuy Private Tester

Only I have access to the TCAdmin to change the above settings.
    If you PM me your Steam ID (17 Digit?) in Discord I will give you server admin too.
    And you can investigate what you can and cannot do in the console with admin.

It may be a few days (the weekend) before I am back at this computer to add you to the admin list (I am busy with work this week).