Forums
News
Community
Get Access, Support Midair!

Forums

News

Community

Get Access, Support Midair!

Where is visual indicator of gens being down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Weirdo, May 5, 2018.

1. The Weirdo

The Weirdo Instant Access

I think the gens being down affects respawn time, but I can't tell because it's not clearly communicated.

2. Donler

Donler Alpha Access

Thank you! I was just thinking about posting this as well.

3. Mindflayr

Mindflayr Moderator Staff Member

The gen being down does impose a spawn penalty. This was implemented at the same time spawn in gear was added to Base to prevent what happened in TA where base play was a distraction not worth the effort.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid New Member

ooo I had no idea that's what was causing the different respawn times. I think it would be really good to show a visual indicator and perhaps immediately followed up with a message shown to everyone on the team about the penalties until the base is repaired.

5. SADDAM

SADDAM Member

Yea, some kind of visual indictaor in the hud for the gen status would be good - the IFF on the map is useful, but only if you're actively actually looking for it.

Alternatively, a message (toggleable?) that indicates the effect "Generator down - respawn times 2+ seconds" would be a good way to go about getting people to understand the consequences of things - right now I feel many people don't really pay attention or understand what is actually happening and just scratch their head about the timing changes.

Edit: Quite a lot of work, but it would be cool if there would be some kind of stacked visual progress bars for the different spawn factors that counts down while you wait for respawn:

Ie.
    Base respawn time: 4 seconds (or w/e)
    Heavy Armor: + 2 seconds
    Mortar: +1 second
    Gen down: +2 seconds

Base timer counts down first, and once that is done, it is removed and it contiunes to count down on the armor timer, once that is down it is removed and counts down on the weapon timers, etc etc.

6. KindaGamey

KindaGamey Instant Access

The timers are shown in the loadout screen, but I agree - make it VERY obvious when someone is dead what is happening and why.

Gorthaur likes this.
  7. Kromatic

Kromatic New Member

I just learned about this on Reddit today. I had no idea!

8. dienasty

dienasty Member

should start with a GEN DOWN Penalty countdown ... then go to regular countdown
    (IF the gen penalty thing has to exist..... not sure how well it works as defending the gens is hard enough for a coordinated team... for random pub game.. ugh)